Monday, September 24, 2012

Premature Babies

I know many of you are reasing this and saying, why is she posting this? It is a very different topic then the ones I have posted, but I want you to be aware of premature babies. You may not know this, classmates of yours were born premature, in fact I was born at only 2 pounds 3 ounces. There are a few others that were, but I probably shouldn't mention names. Without the Children's Miracle Network (CMN), I would not be here today, as would many others who are born preamture.

Many of you have probably heard of CMN, and seen the incubators in Walmart raising money for children. Some of you may have even bought a blizzard at Dairy Queen on Miracle Treat Day. All that money goes to children with serious conditions and needed equipment to save babies who need intensive care. Without the money given for equipment, many babies would die. Many babies are born premature, did you know 13 million babies are born premature a year. 1 in 8 babies are born with this disorder. I hope that the next time you see a incubator in Walmart or there is a Miracle Treat Day at Dairy Queen, you will think about donating. It is for a good cause and is the only thing has saved some of your classmates.

6 comments:

  1. i love this, my little cousin just turned two this last year thanks to God. Two years ago he was born three months early from his actual due date. He barley weighed 3 pounds as well :( he spent months on end in the hospital. it's so scary meeting this little baby and growing attached to him and knowing he could be taken from this world in a matter of seconds. i never think twice about donating; whether it's money, food or blood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had any family members born premature but I have friends that were born premature. I think the Childrens Miracle Network is an amazing program and I personally donate when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear stories from my mom about premature babies and I have seen a few when I would go visit her at work. I also really like what the Children's Miracle Network does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I never realized how many babies are born premature. This is a serious issue and people should donate like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a couple of people that were born premature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's incredible how far medicine has come. It wasn't very long ago that it would be very difficult to save a baby born that small.

    ReplyDelete